Those who have completed their training will be immediately deployed to a number of COVID-19 referral centers across the country, including the emergency hospital at the Kemayoran athletes village in Jakarta, under the government’s assistance.Docquity cofounder Amit Vithal said every volunteer had regularly participated in up to four sessions of online training on various health topics through the platform.“This enables the volunteers to gain new knowledge every day to keep up with the latest developments regarding the COVID-19 situation,” Vithal said in a statement.Read also: COVID-19 leaves lab workers grappling with unprecedented testing scale The Health Ministry has enlisted the support of healthtech start-up Docquity to train and recruit medical volunteers to prevent the healthcare system from becoming overloaded amid the ever-increasing number of COVID-19 cases in the country.Docquity, a member of the Indonesian Telemedicine Association, has recorded 887 doctors – consisting of physicians and medical specialists – on its userbase as of June 11.According to the company, the majority of medical practitioners registered on the digital platform are based in Jakarta; Tangerang, Banten and Bandung, West Java. Indonesian Anesthesiology and Intensive Therapy Association (PERDATIN) chairman Syafri Kamsul Arif, who serves as a tutor for the online training program, said the medical volunteers had also learned various approaches in treating critically-ill COVID-19 patients.“It’s because those who are recruited will mainly be tasked with treating [critically-ill patients], instead of patients on the early onset of the disease or patients under surveillance [PDP],” Syafri said.Demand for qualified health workers has increased significantly amid the health crisis. However, concerns have been raised regarding their safety, especially considering reports of dozens of doctors who had succumbed to the coronavirus disease after working on the frontlines in recent months.The government had previously allocated Rp 5.9 trillion (US$417.6 million) to be given as incentives to medical workers treating confirmed COVID-19 patients. However, many medical workers have reported that they had yet to receive any of such incentives.Topics :
BATTING FIRST HOBART, Australia, (CMC): West Indies Women’s captain, Stafanie Taylor, suffered the shame of a first-ball duck, as her Sydney Thunder crashed to a six-wicket defeat to Hayley Matthews’ Hobart Hurricanes, in the Women’s Big Bash yesterday. In a contest at Bellerive Oval, Thunder were held to 115 for nine off their 20 overs, and Hurricanes eased to their target in the penultimate over, despite a failure from Matthews. The defeat left the reigning champions third from bottom on 10 points, while Hurricanes jumped to third in the standings on 13, as they continued their push for a playoff spot. Opting to bat first, Thunder suffered a huge blow off the fifth delivery of the game’s first over, when Taylor was caught at the wicket off seamer Julie Hunter. However, captain Alex Blackwell struck 49 from 50 balls in a 53-run, second-wicket stand with opener Rachael Haynes, whose 36 came from 32 balls. They were the only two to pass 20, and two of three in double figures, as Thunder crumbled from 80 for two in the 14th over, losing seven wickets for 35 runs. Right-armer Amy Satterthwaite destroyed the innings with five for 17 from her four overs, and though off-spinner Matthews finished wicket-less, her four overs cost just 22 runs. In reply, the hosts got a top score of 38 from opener Erin Burns, and an unbeaten 34 from captain Heather Knight, as they comfortably overhauled their target with 10 balls remaining. The teenaged Matthews, batting at number five, made just two before she was bowled by Indian medium pacer Harmanpreet Kaur in the 15th over at 89 for four.