Tottenham forward Son Heung-min has been allowed to fly home to South Korea for “personal reasons”. Tottenham have allowed Son Heung-min to return to South Korea for personal reasons Although Britain is on lockdown due to the coronavirus, the Premier League club on Sunday said Son has been given permission to return to Asia. The 27-year-old has been recovering after suffering a fractured arm during Tottenham’s win at Aston Villa on February 16. It was reported Son and his parents arrived in Seoul on Sunday and will spend two weeks in quarantine in line with South Korean government guidelines. Son had already spent two weeks in self-isolation in Britain after returning from South Korea at the end of February, having travelled home for surgery. He will take part in Tottenham’s remote training programme, which is set to begin via video call on Monday.Advertisement Loading… Son was not expected to return from injury this season, but the pandemic has postponed English football until at least April 30. Read Also:Coronavirus: Iwobi, Ndidi, Iheanacho face 20% pay cut Meanwhile, Son’s Tottenham team-mate Steven Bergwijn has travelled to the Netherlands ahead of the impending birth of his child. “The club has given permission for both Heung-Min Son and Steven Bergwijn to return to their home countries,” a statement on Tottenham’s website said. “Both players will continue their individual rehabilitation and training programmes during their time away.” FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Promoted Content8 Superfoods For Growing Hair Back And Stimulating Its Growth6 Extreme Facts About HurricanesWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?Birds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For ThemYou’ve Only Seen Such Colorful Hairdos In A Handful Of Anime”Chronicles Of Narnia” Fans Were Bemused To See How She Looks NowThe Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read More10 Hyper-Realistic 3D Street Art By Odeith7 Universities In The World With The Highest Market ValueA Soviet Shot Put Thrower’s Record Hasn’t Been Beaten To This DayEvery Movie Starring Sylvester Stallone From Best To Worst2020 Tattoo Trends: Here’s What You’ll See This Year
“We have monitored massive recruitment, especially of minors, in Antique province,” Batara said, adding that this is intended to reclaim some areas in this province that were declared as insurgent-free in 2015. BATARA. PNA “The minors from Sibalom were turned over to their municipal social welfare and development office for psycho-social counseling,” he said. “Massive recruitment is particularly happening in the municipalities of Sibalom, San Remigio and Hamtic,” he said, adding that the NPA rebels’ extortion activities are also being done simultaneously to beef up their logistical strength. Batara noted that during their encounter with communist-terrorists in Barangay Cabalaunan, Miagao in Iloilo last April 18, they were able to capture five minors who are residents of barangays Igpanolong and Tordesillas in Sibalom. SAN JOSE, Antique – The Philippine Army’s 61st Infantry Battalion (61IB) said the Communist Party of the Philippines-New People’s Army (CPP-NPA) is trying to regain some areas in this province by conducting massive recruitment and extortion.Lieutenant Colonel Joel Benedict Batara, commander of 61IB under the 3rd Infantry Division, said on June 17 that the CPP-NPA members are taking advantage of the time while military forces are busy in the campaign against the coronavirus disease 2019. The provincial social welfare and development office also assisted in the conduct of psycho-social counseling.During the meeting of the League of the Municipalities in the Philippines-Antique chapter on June 16, Batara appealed to the local chief executives (LCEs) of the 18 municipalities to strengthen their Task Force to End Local Communist Armed Conflict (TF-ELCAC). “I appeal to the LCEs to support the TF-ELCAC by bringing basic services to the people,” he said. Countering the CPP-NPA’s massive recruitment is not only through military patrol or combat but through convergence efforts to bring basic services to the people, especially in the remote areas, he added. (With a report from PNA/PN)
PORT OF SPAIN, Trinidad (CMC) – Trinidad and Tobago’s football was thrown into chaos yesterday when men’s head coach Tom Saintfiet dramatically quit the post after just five weeks and four games in charge, citing a lack of support from the country’s Football Association.In a statement dated January 10, the 43-year-old Belgian said his appointment had been “second-guessed” from the first day by FA president David John-Williams and with critical 2018 World Cup qualifiers beckoning in March, did not believe he could succeed “in this environment”.Saintfiet’s sudden departure leaves the FA scrambling for a third head coach in two months following the sacking of Stephen Hart last November.“I would like to inform you all that I have decided to resign, today, Tuesday January 10 2017, as national team coach of Trinidad and Tobago,” Saintfiet said.“Given the mandate to guide the team past Panama and Mexico in the coming World Cup qualifiers of March 2017, I have come to the conclusion that I can’t be successful in this environment.”“From the first day of my unveiling, I did not get the support of the TTFA and its president, support which is needed to be able to do my job in a professional and successful way. I never got the chance to work with the players or staff requested.”He continued: “Perhaps I should have taken this decision right from day one of my appointment, after the president openly second-guessed his own choice of employing me. But I gave him at the TTFA the benefit of the doubt.”“It was an honour and privilege to work for a beautiful nation like Trinidad and Tobago and I wish the players, staff, TTFA, fans and the whole football family the very best.”Saintfiet made an unflattering start to his tenure, losing three of his four games in charge. In a two-match series away to Nicaragua last month, T&T lost the opening friendly 2-1 before winning the second game 3-1.Significantly, however, T&T last week lost both games in the Caribbean Cup playoff series, to miss out on any chance of qualifying for the prestigious CONCACAF Gold Cup in July.They went down 2-1 to Suriname and then succumbed 4-3 to Haiti.When Saintfiet was unveiled last month, John-Williams issued him with an ultimatum of winning the next two World Cup qualifiers or facing the axe.“If he doesn’t get the job done on the 24th (against Panama) and 28th of March 2017 (against Mexico), he will be looking for a job and I make no apologies for saying that,” John-Williams warned at the time.On Wednesday, the TTFA said the search for a new head coach would start immediately.“The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association wishes to advise that Tom Saintfiet issued a letter of resignation as head coach of the National Men’s Senior Team to TTFA president David John-Williams on Tuesday night,” a statement said.“The TTFA president then referred this letter to the Technical Committee of the TTFA and the Committee recommended that Saintfiet’s resignation be accepted and be ratified by the TTFA board.“The Technical Committee has advised that a replacement for the post of Men’s Senior Team head coach will be found in the shortest possible time and the TTFA will make an announcement on this in due course.”Saintfiet was a controversial choice to replace Stephen Hart who was fired last December, after the T&T’s poor start to the CONCACAF final round of the 2018 World Cup qualifiers.He had never held a high-level coaching position nor stayed in one for an extensive period. In fact, his appointment as T&T coach represented his eighth posting in the last nine years following stints with Namibia, Zimbabwe, Ethiopia, Yemen, Malawi, Togo and Bangladesh.
LONDON, England (CMC) — The West Indies upcoming tour of England will begin later, if at all, following the England and Wales Cricket Board’s (ECB) announcement of a seven-week delay to the start of the professional season because of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic.The season was scheduled to get underway on March 24, and West Indies was to be in camp here before playing tour matches against England Lions and Worcestershire on May 22 and 28, respectively. That was to be followed by a three-Test series against England, starting June 4, at Kennington Oval, Edgbaston, and Lord’s.But in a statement yesterday, the ECB said the season would not begin until at least May 28 and work had started on a possible revised schedule that would prioritise delivering as much international and domestic cricket as possible.“The ECB has begun modelling a range of options to start the season in June, July, or August — with an immediate focus on options for cricket in June, including the three-Test series against West Indies, the Vitality Blast, and England Women’s schedule against India,” it said.It was reported earlier this week that Cricket West Indies CEO Johnny Grave had extended an offer to his ECB counterpart, Tom Harrison to host the Test series in the Caribbean, given the concerns about COVID-19.The spread of the virus to 177 countries, affecting more than 234,073 people, has forced the suspension or cancellation of several sporting events.As of Thursday, there were 2,630 COVID-19 cases in the United Kingdom and 103 deaths.The ECB said it would continue to closely liaise with the Government to discuss the potential of starting the season behind closed doors and giving sports fans the opportunity to view live broadcast action.“The potential for reduced versions of competitions, should the season become further truncated, will also be discussed. The board will meet as needed to review the position and make further decisions as the UK situation unfolds,” it added.Harrison said the ECB’s first priority was to protect the well-being of everyone within the cricket family — from players, to fans, and colleagues across the game.“The decision to delay the start of the season has been essential, given the circumstances the nation faces. I am reassured by the collaborative effort from across the game that together, we will make the very best of whatever length of season we are able to safely schedule in the coming months,” the ECB CEO said.“With the information available to us at the moment, a delay to the start of the professional cricket season until May 28 was unavoidable. This also allows us time to keep pace with a fast-moving situation and continue to plan for how a revised season might look. Critically, we can also remain as flexible and adaptable as possible, within the obvious restrictions we face.”Harrison added that securing the future of the game will be a primary focus as the ECB plots a revised schedule with an emphasis on the most financially important forms of the game for the counties across international and domestic cricket.
The basketball players of Igokea are the hosts of the team Hapoel Migdal for the seventh round of Euro-Cup.The champions of B&H will try to win against the Israeli team because they were defeated in the first match. It is a difficult task in front of them considering that they will play with a good opponent. The Israeli team will have one player more, Liora Elijahua- the former member of Maccabija.The Igokea team hopes to win this match and to have three victories so far in Euro-Cup.The match will be held at 18:30.(Source: Fena)