‘We are just people too’ Players have voiced their concerns at the prospect of being rushed back into training and, eventually, into playing a contact sport at a time when the rest of the public remain encouraged to abide by social-distancing guidelines.The UK has been one of the worst-hit countries in the global pandemic, with the government officially recording nearly 32,000 deaths of people who had tested positive for COVID-19.”We are just people too,” tweeted Norwich midfielder Todd Cantwell on Sunday.There is also disagreement over where the remaining 92 matches of the season would be played.League chiefs believed they would only get the government’s green light to restart if matches were held at a limited number of neutral venues to reduce the medical, police, security and broadcast personnel required.A number of clubs near the bottom of the table have spoken openly of their opposition to the plan as they believe it would increase the risk of being relegated.”With all these compromises and health risks we are asked to finish a competition that bears no resemblance to the one we started,” Watford’s chairman and chief executive Scott Duxbury told the club’s website.Those higher up the table are also concerned at the prospect of having to reimburse sponsors who have paid for naming rights on their stadiums.”I think everybody would prefer to play home and away if at all possible. And I think it’s clear to see that some clubs feel more strongly about that than others,” added Masters.”We are in contact with the authorities and listening to that advice while also representing club views in those discussions.”The prospect of appeasing the clubs struggling at the bottom by ruling out relegation this season also appears over after the English Football Association rejected that idea and told the Premier League that final standings must be based on “sporting merit” if no more games can be played.Masters admitted the Premier League had for the first time held discussions on how the league would be decided if matches cannot restart, but said no clubs had asked for relegation to be scrapped.”All I can go on is what we’re discussing in our meetings. And you specifically asked about scrapping relegation while playing out the season, and that has never been raised in our formal meetings at all,” he said.”It was the first time we discussed curtailment – it’s still our aim to finish the season obviously but it’s important to discuss all the options with our clubs.”No conclusions were reached on any other models. Those are future conversations we may need to have.” Brighton confirmed on Sunday that a third member of their squad had tested positive.Cases have also been found in squads in Germany, where the Bundesliga is due to restart this weekend, as well as Italy, Spain and Portugal in recent days.”We have protocols created and reviewed, we have a testing company appointed, but the important consultation with players and managers is the next step,” said Premier League CEO Richard Masters.”No decisions will be made until after we have talked to players and managers and those meetings are scheduled for later this week.” Prime Minister Boris Johnson said he believed the return of sport on TV would “provide a much-needed boost to national morale.”Supporters face a long wait to be allowed to attend matches, though, with the latest guidelines recognizing a return to sport in front of a crowd “may only be fully possible significantly later depending on the reduction in numbers of infections”.Premier League clubs had been planning for a return to action no earlier than the week beginning June 8.Before the resumption of matches can be considered, protocols need to be agreed on how to return to group training safely and on how the Premier League would deal with positive tests. Topics : Premier League clubs received a boost to their hopes of completing the season on Monday as the government published a “roadmap” that could see the return of elite sport in England from June 1.As the 20 English top-flight clubs met for further talks on “Project Restart”, ministers announced plans to ease the coronavirus lockdown.Under step two of that process, which cannot begin any earlier than June 1, sporting events would be allowed “to take place behind closed doors for broadcast, while avoiding the risk of large-scale social contact”.
The Justin Roden Era at East Central has apparently come to an end. The Football Coach has formally accepted the Head Varsity Football Coach at Noblesville High School, north of Indianapolis, pending board approval tomorrow night.During his five years at The Trojans Varsity Football Head Coach, Coach Roden posted a 47-20 record including winning The 4A State Championship last year, The 4A State Runner-up in 2015, and a Semi-State appearance in 2016. Two of his players, Connor Lynch and Jayden Williamson, won The Eskew Mental Attitude Award during The Trojans State Final appearances.Coach Roden thanks all for the coverage of East Central Trojan Football during his tenure and have always appreciated your support.The Sports Crew at WRBI wishes Coach Justin the absolute best in his future endeavors as well as thanking him for taking the time to do interviews and sending us EC Trojan Football information. A first class act indeed!
THE Guyana Boxing Board of Control has officially declared the Anthony Narine debut fight against Keeve Allicock a No-Contest upon review of the fight tape from the ‘Bad Intentions’ card which was held on August 27. The initial decision of the fight saw Narine win after Allicock was disqualified for throwing an illegal blow after the referee called for the action to stop.However, the review of the fight recording showed Allicock’s illegal blow was in response to one by Narine. after the referee had called a stop to the action. The blow, also illegal, caused Narine, too, to be disqualified from the fight.Both boxers will see their records adjusted to reflect the new results.
To celebrate five years of Dacia in Ireland, Highland Motors at Mountain Top Letterkenny are now offering zero deposit and 4.9% APR Finance across their Dacia range for all orders taken between now and the 31st of July 2017.The 5th Birthday party began last Tuesday the 13th and will run until this Saturday the 17th of June and to celebrate Dacia’s 5th Birthday, Dacia Ireland are giving anyone who test drive’s any Dacia between the 13th and 17th June the chance of winning a brand new Dacia Sandero Stepway Special Edition.Highland Motors, Letterkenny, Donegal. Photo Clive WassonWith more than 14,000 vehicles registered since its launch in July 2012, Dacia is a great success story in the Irish motor industry reaching a 3% market share in 2016. A low pricing strategy has been key to the brands success, making Dacia accessible to all pockets – prices start at just €10,490 for its Sandero model and flexible low rate finance is available from Dacia bank.The Duster is the best selling model in the Dacia range with more than 8,000 vehicles sold since its launch. The Duster retails at €16,690 and is now available in a limited Summit edition in a contemporary Nordic Grey colour.For more information on the Dacia range and the super 172 offers available you can give Highland Motors a call on 074 91 28777 or email: [email protected] or call up to our fantastic new showrooms at the Mountain Top, Letterkenny. Celebrate Dacia’s 5th Birthday at Highland Motors was last modified: June 16th, 2017 by Rachel McLaughlinShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:birthdaycarsdaciaHighland Motorsmotoring